Translate

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Quotes: Thoughts for Today

Give a man a mask and he will reveal himself.

Strengthen your compassion by practice.

Compassion is contagious.

They believed it because they wanted it to be true.....

It's what we do with life's experiences that makes the difference.

We can learn from the mistakes of others maybe better than our own perhaps because we can be more objective and less defensive.

Gossip true;
gossip untrue -
both are still gossip

There are those who are unwilling to see because they're unable; and then, there are those who are unable to because they're unwilling. Those willing to struggle are best suited to begin to see the truth....

That which is human resists \ that which is humane does not.

Being "positive" isn't easy.
Positive as in enlightened and as in sure.

Forget about forgiving and just accept it.

Either/or thinking tends towards the duality of separation,  while connected unity is promoted by "and" & "both".

" ...it’s important not to confuse causality with synchronicity"

Up and down on the merry-go-round

Improvement, not perfection.

"Truth or Consequences"

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all - Helen Keller

Whatever you fight, fights back.

Be careful of the thoughts, feelings and actions you put in motion. They can seemingly take on a life of their own.

We all have to pay the piper sooner  or later -- so, we'd better sharpen our self-observations (from a spiritual point of view) of our thoughts, feelings and actions/reactions.

Life is a "mosaic" of conscious and unconscious thoughts and feelings and actions and much much more....

"All is forgiven once you are in the grave. To do otherwise is folly." me

"Love is a difficult task."

Try not to impede the life force of your own life stream / and certainly not that of others. Allow the angels and forces of light to help.

1, 2, 3 ...
Take things in order.

Q: Am I free?
A: You always have personal freedom of choice. This is the highest Spiritual Law. You are free to the degree that you recognize and honor this immutable truth.

Life is about actions and interactions & being and relationships.

To minimize interference and maximize acceptance, we don't like being told what the right way is. We don't like being told what to do / even if it is indirect. However, I like having various possible options highlighted for my consideration.

God' s angels ....showing us all of the ways.

Whatever happens is.

If someone takes over the conversation just because you take a breath, you wonder if they're listening to you.

There are no finite TRUTHS.

To live,
To die --
Life is for the living.
Take joy in living.

To choose not to choose is still a choice.

Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I want to change myself. ~ Rumi

We all all•ready make our own choices. We just don't all take responsibility for them. We're doing good if we can even understand the mitigating circumstances.

Problem: I am caught in a trap of my own making.
Solution: You are caught in a trap of "your" own making.

A lifetime of choices made or forgone.

Your choices reflect who you really are.

Life is too short to not spend it loving .....

I can really only be responsible for myself --- my thoughts, my feelings, my actions, my reactions... to try to be responsible for others' choices is interference.

I trust in my soul to guide me.....
Not everything is about 'me'.
And that does not mean everything will work out perfectly --
only that they will work out for the best (the greatest good),

We pray for 'good outcome' in all that we do.

The less judgemental you are, the more open you can be.

She's mostly honest -- and working on the rest.

Be happy in front of people you don't like -- it distresses them.
Be happy in front of people you do like -- they will share in your joy.

Stop. Look & Listen. Think. And then "ob•serve". Be grateful.

In considering whether or not to work on forgiving someone, look at how much of a burden carrying the antagonism towards that person weighs. Forgiving does not mean condoning or rationalizing or forgetting. It means letting go of the negative feelings such as desire for revenge etcetera. Forgiveness is made easier if one receives a heartfelt apology(s).

All in All, it's all already mostly decided. You can influence the ultimate outcomes by keeping your nose pointed in the right direction and listening to your heart, but real change comes when you Real•ly change. If X=Y2, then what are you in the equation?

Beware of skinny women -- they're always "hungry" & therefore irritable.

People are jealous of one another.

"To serve" is to ob•serve.

The more poor choices you make, the fewer options you leave yourself with. It's like painting yourself into a corner / or shrinking the room you're standing in down and down to where you're in a cage.

Meddling is another way of saying 'interfering'.

You create your own reality -- and that it is what it is all about.

Life is about choices / about learning lessons in the niche that we created.

Hardest thing in life is being always honest and truthful.

I choose the path of goodness.

Differentiation, not separation.

Level(s) of conscious awareness.
Focus of attention / focal points.

I 'forget' to forgive
vs
I forget to 'forgive'.

Forgive to forget.
Forgive -- cease to blame or hold resentment against someone; to grant pardon for a mistake, wrongdoing, etc).
&
Forget --  dismiss from the mind; stop remembering.

Gossip, cruelty and superstition are three destructive human traits that are the most unloving and most easily discernible. Careful observation of oneself and others is the most direct way to deal with this. Truthfulness and honesty is the key.
Observe = to serve

Avoid greed, envy, lust, and especially gossip, cruelty and superstition.

Life is choices.

We are all learning from / teaching one another.

Life is a metaphor for reality.

We have freedom of choice. We may not like the choices or even recognize all of them -- and we are not free to avoid the consequences of our choices. Even not choosing is still choosing.

To trust someone means you have faith in them.

It is an appreciation of the absurd that burnishes my sense of humor.

Remove your ego & Idealized self image from all that is disturbing you --- and resolutions shall proceed.

You can love someone and not entirely trust them. Trust runs deeper.

Non-interference does NOT necessarily mean absolute non-involvement.

Act of Being => I AM
I am, I am, I am;
three times three-
I am, I am, I am.

Is life more of a dream? Or a reflection?

Only use "I am" for positive statements. Use I feel, I think, etcetera for other.....

The "world" doesn't change. People change.

Don't be so linear.

Not being wrong and sometimes being correct does not mean being right.

What's going to be already IS at some level.

To be or not to be. That is the question.

ALL in "all", all is as it is supposed to have been (all things considered).

What will be 'will be' and the only thing that you can do to change it is to change yourself (your inner equation).

Stop and think before saying anything.
Ask yourself:
Is it true? (You may need to add qualifiers to qualify the degree to which you are certain...).

I surrender;
I give up;
I release;
I renounce;
I relinquish my control over others.
[Perhaps this will strengthen my self control.]

In an encounter, if you are not looking to thrust, then you can better parry / and do so indefinitely?! Like when Data played Kolrami in the game Strategema in StarTrek.... when he played for a stalemate and Kolrami lost patience and had to give up.

Look for the center of the pain and find that which is absurd or ridiculous. Let your sense of humor set you free.